Friday, August 24, 2007

China

So, my first work week is finally over…and all in all it went pretty well. I won’t bore you guys with all of the gory details (haha, just most of them ;-). So first thing’s first – business class = awesome!! haha.

K, some things that caught me by surprise: this place is not nearly as crowded as I thought it would be, and I’m not the biggest person here, lol (just bigger than most…ha). Hmm, oh and I haven’t been able to find any crazy cheap market places…but that’s on the agenda for this weekend, lol (that and McDonalds).

So far, my days are kinda boring – wake up, work out, go to work, work out, get some food (ha, at this little place down the street where I point at the pictures on the menu to order b/c no one speaks English), maybe go to Starbuck…and then watch a movie till I fall asleep. A little boring, but it keeps me sane ;-). My hotel is pretty nice…hmm, moving to a new place today b/c the one I’m at now is booked solid in like a week. But all is good b/c the new place has free internet and free breakfast…haha, which brings my total food expense to about 3 USD a day, lol…gotta love it.

Some downsides…I’ll probably be here for a while…the refinery is already a little behind. I’m hoping to be back by early November, which kinda sucks =(.…right now, just trying to get settled-in. So if anyone feels like giving me a call, my skype stuff is set up just call the number on my facebook profile and it’ll forward to my cell here (only costs me like 2 cents a min). I’m like 13 hrs ahead of you, so don’t call between 10 AM – 7 PM Chicago time (well, you could call…but you might not like how I answer the phone, lol), Or you could send me an email…I got plenty of time.

Aight, I’ll put up some pictures later…for now I’m think I’m gonna go to the American Embassy (i.e. Starbucks, lol) and then maybe get some Subway for lunch =).

K, as Joe’s Crab Shack says “Peace, love, and crabs”…well, ok…not the crabs part, b/c that’s just gross. ;-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home