Thursday, June 28, 2007

update

wow...so much has happened since my last post...

well, for starters I don't usually post when I'm in Chicago - mostly because anything I would want to say to anyone, I just tell my roomates and/or firends, lol...this is a bit tougher overseas (or out west)...thus the beginning of the blog a while back. Anyway, what all's new with me? Welp, a good frined from back home is havin a baby =), which is awesome - it's amazing how God works in some pretty crazy circumstances...what else, I'll be in yet ANOTHER wedding for someone from back home this November (always the groomsman...ha), my sister graduated (which is pretty cool...she's an ER nurse), ohh things are going relatively well at work! Basically, if I can get some good experience/jobs over the next 6 months or so, then I'll be able to get an office job - everyone I've talked to at work is pretty "on-board" with the idea, so I think it's going to work out =) God answered that prayer pretty quick (relatively speaking...). What I mean is that it was pretty quick considering that we want everything instantly these days, but really, when you think about it, a few weeks/months really isn't that long in the grand scheme of things...besides, the best things are always worth waiting for....

hmm...that reminds me of some other things going on...or should I say potentially going on. what? nevermind...that's another story altogether - one I might share soon...

Anyway, here I sit in Tulsa, OK waiting to go back to Chicago (my new home =) and I can't wait. I've gotten to the point where I get soooo freakin excited when I'm done with a job and get to go home - it's pretty much the greatest feeling ever, lol. I can't wait to take some vacation and see my friends...play some guitar, and sleep in. God's so awesome...even when we screw-up, or stumble, or "forget" to spend time with him, or just get so busy that we lose our priorities...even when all this happens and we realize that we're so unworthy of his love...it seems like that's when he shows us most strongly that it's just not true. He loves us...He loves us so much. It's pretty freakin ridiculous when you think about it, lol..but I'm so grateful.

Summers night, your delight
How long's it been
Too long...at least it feels too long
I fell back there, a pebble really...but a boulder to me
I'm up now...
but you know that - you helped me up
Ok, you picked me up.
But, I'm up now...and back in the race
It really is amazing...your grace that is
Confounding
Confusing
Comforting
...Uncompromising
Unyielding
Unending...
All encompasing
Surrounding...like water...like an ocean
Like an ocean of love
A glacier of earth and ice and fire
...Steady, slow, and fast all at once...but never stopping
Unstoppable really
Which is good, because I never want you to stop
...regardless of what I say or how I act sometimes...

I'll leave with this: one drop of God, one breath of the creator, the smallest peice possible of Him that is "I Am", is more powerfull than all the evil that has ever existed (or ever will) put together. God is "I Am"...everthing else is "i think i am right now", or "i was...or thought i was", or "i may be". Nothing else really IS, but God...and He IS awesome, and loving, and He does listen and answer...even when, maybe especially when we don't think we deserve it...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home