Sunday, January 28, 2007

New Schedule...yet again...

So, the wonders of my job never cease...

I'm in Texas at the moment (Houston to be exact), and tomorrow night I'll be in Cheyenne, Wyoming (yes, I said Wyoming). I'll then fly back here to Houston on Saturday, only to do it all over again next Monday, and then once more the Monday after that. It's alot of travel, but I hope not as stressfull as it sounds. On the bright side this is all for work training and it's only going to last 3 weeks, and that means I'll be back in Chi-town to see my boys in action at The Well. I continue to have second thoughts about my job...and my future. I've come to love Chicago so much, well, ok - more to the point, I've come to love the people there so much...I hate leaving. Not to say that I'm completely miserable, I am driving a Dodge Charger and I got to see Donovan, both of which are awesome. Overall, these 3 weeks come at a good time, I suppose. There are some things that I could use a few weeks of relative silence to try and hear God on...

There are some things that I could really use a "voice from heaven" on...although, I've come to the point where I'd "settle" for God to just stir up a passion. How do you hear from God on stuff that you know you have a bias on. Any sort of feeling/sign that supports your desire/opinion then "it's from God"; anything that doesn't support it is just your mind playing games...So, God, I wait for you...

Have you ever felt like you're waiting on something that seems like it'll never happen...but you still have hope? Where does that hope come from? Is it vanity? Is it God? Do we hold on, or let go? How does faith come into play?

Hope to hope,
Dare to hope,
Hope to love,
Selfish love?

No, not anymore.
Maybe then,
Maybe now,
But not now,
Not anymore.

Now, Love to love,
Nothing more.
Expect nothing,
Ask nothing,
Give everything.
Just love.

Love hopes,
Love endures,
Love bears all.
(and leaves the rest to God)
Do you?
Do I?
Can we?
We'll see...

Love to love,
Nothing more.
Expect nothing,
Ask nothing,
Give everything.
Just love.

Well, what's the next step? Who knows...but for now, it's late and I'm going to sleep.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

hey let me be your voice from God(a little pretentious I know) "Do it. Do what you want, cause you only have on life and there's enough for everyone. Time keeps going and we all get by."

So yeah, this comes at a time when I'm probably leaving the PC. Anyway though, glad to see you're liking chicago cause I'm still considering it. Maybe one day we'll meet up again. Until then, as they say, keep on truckin'.

-Dom

3:03 AM, March 01, 2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

I left a comment, it said I didn't. I almost wasn't motivated to do it again. But I realized...I should.

Do what you gotta do. There's enough for all and you only get one chance.

I think I'm done here in southern africa, but it's good to know you like chicago, because it's still on my list. Peace love and deathmetal as the album title goes.

-Dom

3:06 AM, March 01, 2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

and now I see it has to be approved. quite understandable, who knows what I would have written.

-dom

3:07 AM, March 01, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home